Life in the UK Practice Test 5
1) How many people died from the Black Death in England
2) Who designed the new St. Paul’s cathedral after the great fire of London?
3) Florence Nightingale born in which country?
4) What year did ww1 start?
5) Who is the head of the Church of England?
6) On what date is Boxing Day celebrated
7) How often do general elections take place in the UK?
8) When is Remembrance Day
9) Which of the below sports originated in England?
10) Central shopping area found in most towns and cities is called what?
11) Which year voting age reduced to 18 for men and women?
12) The Chartists is the name given to the group which campaigned for women's voting rights
13) Peers represent a constituency
14) Which peers have the automatic right to attend the House of Lords?
15) A speaker is an MP, who represents a constituency and deals with constituents' problems like any other MP
16) The Council of Europe has powers to make laws
17) It is an offence not to have an MOT certificate if your vehicle is more than how many year(s) old?
18) NSPCC is an example of a charity that works with children
19) Which TWO types of cases are dealt with in county courts?
20) The UK is a member of NATO
21) Stonehenge is in which English county?
22) St David's day is celebrated on the 1 March
23) Which TWO of the following are traditional British foods?
24) Which British sportsman was the first man in the world to run a mile in under four minutes, in 1954?